Wednesday 7 May 2008

Impatience is not a virtue

I am not patient, this is a well-documented fact. I have flights of fancy and get ideas that I want to do things but I can't wait, so I end up doing them half-arsed because I want to do them *now*! I am the same, if not worse, with crafts. I'm making the crochet cardigan from the front cover of the Crochet Me book and I was too lazy to do a swatch first.




Well... I sort of did one... I did a couple of rows and roughly measured it, but it seems now I'm nearing the end it wasn't right and I'm wishing I'd spent the time at the beginning to make a 10x10cm swatch of the right gauge. It seems it is a size or two too small but I'm so far through I don't want to start again. Looks like my only option is to lose the weight I've been promising myself and tone up those arms so they can get through the sleeves. Either that or carry out some industrial-sized cardie-stretching :(

No comments: